It is the mission of Frederick County Public Schools to ensure all students an excellent education.
To that end, Frederick County Public Schools envisions providing the highest quality, most cost effective education possible by:
- increasing students' enthusiasm for learning
- promoting individual learning ability
- recruiting and retaining excellent personnel
- encouraging parental and community support and involvement
- fostering an inviting environment
- using continual data analysis
- emphasizing curriculum renewal
- offering a meaningful staff development program
- using current technology
- requiring efficient operating procedures
- evaluating progress and revising goals to achieve the vision
Who We Are
Frederick County Public Schools is the 22nd largest of 134 school divisions in Virginia and serves more than 13,100 students. It is the mission of Frederick County Public Schools to ensure all students an excellent education. The school division strives to be a learning organization; one in which students experience purposeful engagement for learning and where leadership is relentlessly focused on student learning through evidence-based teaching.
Frederick County Public Schools manages 23 sites including 11 elementary schools, four middle schools, three high schools and a career and technical/alternative learning center. The school division also serves as the fiscal agent for Northwestern Regional Educational Programs which is housed at the Senseny Road School.